Seems insane that Ryan and I have been married for five years. Seems even more insane that we've been together for 8 years. And crazy insane that I've been in love with him for 12 years. I remember it like it was yesterday...
We were both 18 years old (actually you were 17...yikes), had just graduated from high school and both on our way to Mexico with 8 (or so) of our closest friends (what were our parents thinking sending 18 year old kids to Mexico with no adult supervision!). One night, as fate would have it, you tapped me on the shoulder in the pool, and struck up a conversation...I have no idea what we talked about, but we talked for what seemed like hours. The next morning I saw Heather (formerly) Harstein and asked her about you. She got the biggest smile on her face, and said, "Oh My God, Meg...you will love Ryan Prentice. Like I can seriously see you guys being together forever." And boy was she right...it does seem like I have loved you forever.
I loved you when we hung out everyday that summer and Jamie and I were sure you were using 'us' for my pool. I loved you when you invited me over to your folks house and I was so nervous I spilled the salad. I loved you when we just 'cold-turkey' stopped talking because we both knew we were going to separate colleges, and had some wild oats to sow (and sow you did!). I loved you when I had my girlfriend, Jenn, prank call your mom to get your college address, only to have your mom say, 'oh, Ryan's right here', and us to hang up. I loved you when you would invite us to CWU and then ask us when we were leaving the next day. I loved you when I would vouch to never talk to you again on the drive back to Pullman. I loved you when you came to WSU and stayed with Joc and I only to ditch us for your friends (and I'm pretty sure other girls). I loved you when I would always ask 'what's up with us' and you would quickly change the subject. I loved you when we'd see eachother on our breaks and hang out everyday. I loved you when you gave me butterflies everytime I would see a message from you in my 'in box'. I loved you when you invited me to your graduation party and I put on like 20 different outfits so I would look 'so hot' and about 30 minutes into the shindig I was introduced to your girlfriend (could you have not told me about her in one of our 50,000 emails). I loved you when you ditched her that night and hung out with Sarah and I. I loved you when we were 'just friends' for a very long time (boy did that ever drive your sister crazy). I loved you when we were in 'luv' and would giggle on the phone for hours. I loved you when you were all sweaty and asked me to marry you. I loved you when I pulled out a typed, 10pt font, single spaced, sheet of notebook paper to read you my vows, and you pulled out two yellow sticky notes. I loved you when I said 'I do'. And more than anything I love that you were worth the chase.
Side note: I have no idea where the CD's are of our wedding pictures...so please forgive this shotty little montage. And if any of you stole our CD's please return them, no questions asked. Where the hell are they?!
17 comments:
a shotty montage is better than no montage at all! Happy Anniversay can't believe it has been 5 years already. You two are too cute and your baby makes three cuties. Now have another would ya? Auntie Lowdie wants to knit baby clothes.
i remember all of this! i remember finding out after highschool that you guys were 'together' and knowing him from a previous girlfriend and i couldn't believe you two had met. love that you met in mexico. seriously.. that is fate. i love that first picture you have of him on the hotel bed in mexico.. i thought he was so hot (still is:). i remember you throwing up your food in our ghetto apartment on the floor (pink cookies i think) that night he ditched us for other shenanigans...i remember telling you we needed to leave central that night we were all hanging out because he wasn't giving us enough attention.. i remember you faking loving skiing and going all the time and i was super jealous. i remember not being ryan's #1 fan (which now floors me. and i feel bad). i remember hearing your little voice on the phone after we hadn't talked in months to tell me you were getting married. and i remember just being so happy. i love ryan.i love you. you two are two of my most favorite people. what i love most about you two is you really are so cute together. i look at ryan when he looks at you and i smile. he thinks you are funny when you are at your worst and i love that...i love how you get this little smirk on your face and when he's walking away i watch your eyes and they always follow him.love you both to the moon and back.
Happy Anniversary. I remember being so jealous of how in love you two were. You are so great together and made such a cute home, life, baby, whatever. You guys are the best.
Happy Anniversary - I looked at my calendar today and sure enough, I have written down "Prentice 5th Anniversary" - I love anniversaries - so romantic - love you both!
i love reading your whole sordid history - you guys are such a great couple and i can't believe how quickly time flies! :)
so.. i didn't watch the video the first time around..(i was busy) but meg- i just did . and meg? i love it. you (corn rows and all) were maybe the quintessential bride.. gorgeous and beyond happy that day. it really was a special day. anyone there has it maybe there most favorite wedding ever.
That is really cute!
I wouldn't call that shotty at all! It's sweet and impressive. And you are right- It did drive me crazy that you were "just friends" because I knew it wasn't true:) Love that you love him so much and that he loves you right back! Congrats and here's to a million more anniversaries!
12 years ago seems like yesterday, I did know that you guys were meant to be! I love all of the reasons why you loved him - Happy Anniversary, hope you had a fun evening!
this made me cry. ALOT. i might have to officially quit being your stalker..
Congratulations you two. Five years, twelve, twenty-five will be here before you know it. Enjoy every moment of each other. :)
Such a cute video, and so crazy that is has already been 5 years. Congratulations!!!
Wow Meg - I guess my card to Robert for our 5 year that said "5 years together? Feels like 50", isn't so funny anymore after reading your tribute. I think I need to attend your "school of love". Very nicely put and you guys are the couple that make people jealous. Congratulations to two people I think are pretty darn cool.
So cute! I never knew him (okay, until that one day where fate put us both on the pass at the same time and we pulled over into the parking lot to hug...remember that?) but knew you always loved him. So happy for you both and your 5 years...well really 12 but you know what I mean. Happy, happy anniversary to one of the most amazing couples I know! XOXO
I love that a random hook-up in Mexico turned into hands down the greatest marriage I have ever witnessed....I am sure you are maybe 1 of a billion girls who can say this happened to them! Congrats you two, you truly are the definition of true love.
I am still giggling...I was laughing so much Ken scooted over on the couch to see what the laughter was all about! I remember that first summer you and Ry hanging out like it was yesterday...and I think there was still some "using" of "us" for the pool! :) Just kidding! Twoo Wuv (Princess Bride, eh!) always begins in Mexico!! This whole post is so great--no wonder Ry loves ya so much!
Hands down your wedding set the bar high for the rest of us who got married after you. I mean you did a little organized dance with your girls for Ryan!
Post a Comment