Monday, January 19, 2009

Such a hypocrite.

Probably not much of a surprise to find out I'm a bit of a hypocrite. And here's why...the other day I was talking to gal pal Joc Brown, photographer extraordinaire, and I was complaining about how good her pics were and how awful mine are. She kept trying to keep my feelings in mind and was oh so very nice while lying to me and saying my pics weren't that bad. Then I said 'well at least my pictures aren't always of me taking them from above my child or with a big flash in her face. I hate that. So I got that going for me.' Then I looked through my camera at my most recent pictures and here's what I found...

Me standing above Hads looking down at her.

A big bright flash in her face.
When will I ever learn to keep my big ole' mouth shut.

9 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

what is wrong with above, and that flash in the face pic is adorable. Like you can ever take a bad pic of Hads.

Lis said...

I love your pics, and your stories that go along with them.

Jocelyn said...

first of all i never- ever said your pictures 'weren't THAT bad.' infact i clearly remember saying i thought your pictures were good. do not make me out to sound snobby. i so am not. i actually love these pictures.. and who ever gave you the rule about not standing above? wasn't me because i don't have any photography rules. keep up the good work. i love your pictures and like lis.. your stories too. wish i was as good a story teller as u:)

Laurie said...

'gal pal' is possibly the greatest expression ever. And you have the perfect combo going: darling child who really can't take a bad picture + crazy mom with a flair for the story.

zaideafraidey said...

flair for the story...hmmm a euphamism for making stuff up and throwing loved ones under the bus???

Meg said...

I was SOOOOO not throwing Joc under the bus...she definitely made me feel like my pictures were good. But seriously, it's comparing apples and oranges. So she really doesn't count.

Val said...

i have no probs with these pics, I just love her cute little dress:)

Jocelyn said...

def. agree with zaide. ya threw me under the bus all for the name of a good story. :) dying.

Laurie said...

Megan, the job of Gal Pal Reporter @ Bits O' Fairy Business is yours for the asking! XXX Lavs