Monday, May 31, 2010

just in case you were worried.


Okay, okay...I promise...I do love her three-year-old little guts.  And here are just a few reasons why:

We were at a friends house and before the kids ate dinner the mom asked each kiddo what they were thankful for...
Grace: "I am thankful for Jesus."
Hadley: "I am thankful for my Mama and potty talk."

I walk into Hadley's room the other morning, as we're running late, and I see everything pulled out of her dresser drawers and unpacked from her bag.  I, exasperatedly say,
"Oh Hadley."
And she looks right at me, with a her pointed little finger, and says
"Mama, you are VERY welcome!"

Me:  "Hadley, want to go to the zoo today?"
Hadley:  "No.  It's scary."
Me:  "What?  What's so scary about the zoo?"
Hadley:  "The crocagators."

Hadley:  "Mama, how do babies get out of the Mama's tummy's?"
Me:  "How do you think they get out?"
Hads:  "I think a doctor cuts the Mama's tummy, and grabs the baby, and the Mama has blood on them."
Me:  "Well it's not always that morbid, there's a nicer way they can come out."
Hads:  "How is that way?"
Me:  "They come out of the Mama's vagina."
Hads, after about 15 seconds worth of gut busting giggling, "Mama YOU ARE SO SILLY...pee pee comes out of ginas, not babies.  I'm telling Daddy you talked potty talk."

18 comments:

Katie said...

OH love this!!! and you ARE silly, there's no way that's a "nicer" way LOL

Susie said...

You and that potty talk.

I'm totally keeping you in from recess for that kind of language. And emailing your Mom.

Five minute time out.
Head down.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Allison

Laurie said...

nothing better than potty talk (we have progressed from that to penis/boobs/nards talk). And I'm happy to know that my fear of animals has been passed on in the family.

fiona westover said...

I love her. She is just as you have raised her to be. Nice work.

Lis said...

We have a common theme here: both girls are afraid of large reptiles...Zaide, what have you been telling them?

Laurie said...

does one have to be TOLD to fear crocogators? Not if one is as smart as these girls :-) Though some cautionary tales from their Zaide probably wouldn't go amiss (at least in Maddie's case, she's apt to jump in the water with them I think)

Hope said...

So well worth it. You can hate the 3's but love the kid. :)

Bored Housewife said...

Perfect!

zaideafraidey said...

oh hooray, the wonderful "logic" far outweights the horrible behavior. I guess when we were lost inside the Southcenter Mall and kept circling back to the Jungle restaurant (with the huge alli-croc) out front really left an impression. I figured the "we're trapped in a mall and have no idea where we parked" would far outweigh that one, at leastit did for me!!

Katie said...

I giggled when you wrote "mama's vagina" too...

Nicole said...

FYI- Grace learned to be thankful for Jesus fro her day care provider. Do you thik I would teach her such things? Hee Hee Hee.

Jocelyn said...

all the reasons you love her guts are pretty perfect

Bored Housewife said...

My friend's 7 year old daughter said to him this morning, in all seriousness, "Dad, can we build a time machine when I get home from school?"

Just thought you'd like that!

Jamie "swens" Barton said...

The best is that Hads told on you!

Val said...

I wasn't worried:) That girl is too funny. She loves her potty talk more than any kid I know! Lauren still doesn't believe that is how babies come out either. I love that they think we are lying and being silly! Ha, if only it was a big funny joke!

Maria said...

i think had's way is "nicer" no one in their right mind wants to pee out a baby! just let the nice doctor cut it out.
love the hadster!

The Jacobs' Family said...

Too funny! At least she is not completely confused. One of my kindergarteners thought I was going to throw up Ethan to get him out of my belly.

Samantha said...

This is adorable. I too have a three-year old and I SWEAR she is insane. But then she says something like "mommy, my big girl panties HAD to get out of their drawer because they wanted to come to ballet class." And I take a deep breath and remind myself that even panties deserve to dance.