Monday, May 17, 2010

zoo days.

Nothing better than letting the wild animals hang with their kind.  I will say though, as much as I thought I hated the zoo (I don't trust the free roaming peacocks and have no patience for watching animals sleep), it gets a lot more fun the older the kids get.  And luckily, Hadley has no interest in having me read her all the fascinating animal facts on the plethora of educational zoo signs, she'll either need to learn to read first, or hell will have to freeze over before I get that involved in our outing (I mean really, does anyone actually give a sh*t what a Tapir does in it's free time).  We're in, we eat, we're out...a drive-by zooing, just what it should be.




9 comments:

Katie said...

um, those effing peacocks are SO scary. HATE. and i LOVE how you guys do the zoo! :)

Maria said...

you were 2 mins from my casa and didn't call? BIG trouble Mr Rooney!
xo

Laurie said...

You have not changed ONE bit from when you were little and you and Cara insisted on speed-walking through the zoo. I will read the signs to you Hads (tho you are prolly just like your mother and have zero interest in this). And the peacocks are super creepy!

zaideafraidey said...

did you write this post with the distinct purpose of breaking by heart???? You KNOW I love reading all that sh** AND secretly dream of becoming one of those nerd docents. I will find my old zoo key and Hads and I will make a proper visit to the zoo, NO DRIVEBYS!!

Laurie said...

I'll come with you and we can read the signs to each other. Love your piccie btw! I think I was jealous that you had that dress, I totes wanted it.

Unknown said...

Might I just add that your daughter is not nearly scrapnoodle-y enough to be going to the zoo! Where is the tube top and the short shorts and the knee-high tube socks Megan?!

Liz said...

You need to come to Point D with us sometime. I think Seattlites beleive in far too much habitat. :) There's none of that sleeping or hiding for the animals in T-Town. You won't be dissapointed!

Hope said...

Wanna go to the zoo? I'll be sure to find a peacock friend.

Brooke said...

That's effed up Meg. At least you could have done a drive by.