Monday, May 3, 2010

a taste of Cabo.

Okay, okay...we're back...finally. I know a lot of you don't believe that we even went. But we did, and we did it up big. Here's just a smidgen of what our days entailed: We played at the pool, all day, every day. Made sand castles. Put barefeet in the sand (GASP!), without a fuss. Took Tequila shots...upside down. Dodged beach combers selling us every piece of shit imaginable. Saw the sunrise more often than the sunset. Found McDonald's and Starbucks (we're fat Americans after all). Did not barter for anything. Swam in the ocean. Drank beer for 12 hours straight. Drank a Miami Vice, and felt 21. Didn't even think about going to a nightclub. Hadley met the man of her dreams (Luke), he happens to be from Woodinville too, 5 minutes from Ryan's folks (can you say 'small world'). Ate A LOT of tortillas. Ate A LOT of chips and salsa. Messed with whomever passed out first...it was always Sarah. Watched cartoons in Spanish. James and Sar became legends of the 'strip' inventing a drink called the 'tip jar' Hads swam her little heart out (kind of)...she more 'waded' her little heart out. Saw a lady get arrested for attempting to smoke on the flight. Laughed our heads off. Enjoyed Hadley's 3 hour naps. Wore SPF 50. Hated Customs. Read 3 books. Fell in love with James (Sar, he's a keeper). Somehow, managed to relax and enjoy ourselves and each other. And this was all just on Saturday people. Cabo, you won us over. We'll see you next year...but maybe minus one 3 year old. Even though, I gotta admit, she was pretty, darn AMAZING!

19 comments:

Sue said...

is that a big tat i see on ryan's arm - or weird sunburns through his fiesta shirts?

Nicole said...

That is pretty amazing that you made it out alive. YOur one hot mama. Ryan is looking super good and HAdley is the cutest little girl is hats. Great vacation. There is still time for you to come with us in June!!!

Katie said...

looks like an awesome vacay! i'm jealous, i want to go somewhere warm so bad! and when did Ry get that big tat? i like it! and i love your pink stripey suit, and Hads is too cute of course...

Heidi Bruch said...

Can't tell you how much I love that you brought Hads - what a special memory. xoxo Glad you are home!

Jocelyn said...

good stuff meg!some really great pics of you and hadley together. i especially like when you both have your sunnies on. what a great trip to not only experience with a 3 year old but your bestie!

Bored Housewife said...

Looks SO fun! Love the pass-out pics and the tongue kiss! Welcome home!

zaideafraidey said...

so happy that you are home, and totally love all the swimming pics, plus great job on the covering up. Those sun set pics are amazing. I would go to Mexico if the is an Sbucks.

Heather Conniff said...

Is baby Davis an International world traveler, um - YES! Geez, that baby doll had a fun trip, she's everywhere. Great pics, love Hadley reading by the pool, the hilarious pics of Sara passed out w/carrots in her nose, your hubby's hot tat, your golden tan, it all looks like so much fun - next year, we're coming sans kiddos. :) XOXO

Lis said...

Almost peed my pants laughing at the Sarah pics. How does Ryan feel about the tat reveal? :-) Looks like a great time! Totally jealous and totally understanding needing a vaction from the vacation. You have one hot bod!

Val said...

Looks like so much fun! Hads looked darling in all her cute summer clothes. You did too! And did Ryan add to that tat? I don't remember it being that big?

fiona westover said...

I love your perfect little life, your perfect little family, your perfect group of friends. And your perfect little tight abs....I'm just plain old jealous of them. I know, I know,nothing is perfect but that little montage sure makes it seems so. The shots of Sarah being taken advantage of are absolutely hilarious. Save those for when she has teenagers who think she can't relate to them. Hads looked like she fit right in with her big sunnies and hats and fruity drinks. Glad to have you back. I really missed you while you were gone!

katy said...

Oh Meg...you inspire me to be more laid back. I wish I was more of a fun mom like you...Hads is lucky and I agree with Heidi...she will never forget such an amazing trip! (Oh, and you're such a 21 year old trapped in a 31 year olds body...ha-ha!)

Brooke said...

Your montage made me really smiley and sunny and all fuzzy inside. The smiles that you, Ryan and Hadley all project are golden. Best smiling family I know. So mix all your smiles with sun and sand and little miss hadley in Mexico = perfection. And I agree with Fiona, the variety of Sarah still shots are incredible. I think they may need to be framed and hung above her fireplace. I love you and your people. Will you adopt me?

Laurie said...

that's not Baby Davis, that's CHEMO BABY (a gift from her Auntie Lowdie), and I'm delighted that she was able to enjoy a trip to cabo with the fam. Great pix, it almost makes me want to go there. Love Hadley's safety susan sun cover-up outfits, and my fave pix are of her absolutely passed out.

Liz said...

Great modern version of the "we just got back from Cabo" slide show. Loved it and the naked baby doll being carried everywhere. It is Cabo after all. Cheers, glad you're all home safe.

Jamie "Swens" Barton said...

So still mad we did not get the invite...but quickly got over it as I laughed at all the great pics. Funny - I have similar Sarah photos?? Plus, we're off to sunny Mexico this Saturday - woo-hoo! Uh, can I send my pics to you so you can make a slideshow for my blog? That's fancy!

Jamie "Swens" Barton said...

Hey also I got thinking...didn't another Prentice lady, formerly Davis, meet her future husband in Mexico. Hmmm, I see a little Miss Hads following in her mother's footsteps already!

Sarah K said...

Looks like a blast! Hope chemo baby wore plenty of sunscreen!

Anonymous said...

Jame, I swear I wrote a post just like yours....but I have no clue where it went, maybe I forgot to hit the button. Very much like mother like daughter though:) Have fun in Mexico this weekend! Next year all 6 of us will have to do together.