So Saturday was Lis' Bday, and I gave her a birthday shout-out...but it was kind of lame. I was a tad exhausted after work and could not stop thinking about the blood bath (literally) my patients room was just three hours earlier. So my bday wishes were kind of pathetic. So here we go again...Lis, I think you are an amazing friend, fabulous wife, and wonderful mother. I love that you are a vegetarian because we've never had one in this family (however A LOT of picky eaters) and it's great ammo for jokes and ridicule. I love that you got an epidural when you had Madeline, natural birth is for crazies. I love that you married Kipper, but I'll never understand why:). I love that you don't put up with his crap and try to put him in his place, although sometimes it's easier to just nod our heads and agree. I love that you have color on the walls of your house. I love that when you have a project in mind, it's getting done, no matter what tries to get in your way. I love that you're tough enough to put up without heat for an entire winter, even though you wear jeans and puffy vests in the summer because you're always so cold. I love that you always give the perfect gifts, after much stress, thought, and consideration. Most of all, I just love that you're a part of this family...and that you gave us Madeline Anne. Hope you're birthday was a blast!
12 comments:
Wow, thank you so much. What a great start to my day! You're so sweet!
Lava cakes: basically a chocolate borwnie/cake that has a gooey center. You cut it open and out pours the "lava"
what a great tribute - and all of it so true!
Oh Meg. This is much more like you. I loved hearing these things about Lis because so many of them I didn't know. No heat in the winter? She is one tough cookie. You are are sweet gal Megan Prentice.
Happy Birthday Lis!
Lis is a perfect addition to the Davis clan, she provides that note of sanity to the otherwise wacky-doodle goings on there. Happy BD, and thanks for explaining lava cakes, something I never want to eat i'm pretty sure (and that's a damn short list)
oh and sad you had a difficult day Megs! I guess that's part of the job but still doesn't sound like fun...
Happy birthday Lis! I hope you did something super fun...or even better, you get a week-long celebration!
I posted my happy bday note on the last post but since I was late anyway - Happy Birthday twice would be better! I can't believe how many birthdays you Davis/Prentice/Kok folks have all mixed in a couple of months!!
Love the giant Hadley pic header Megaloo.
i just tried phoning you to inquire about the life size banner of Hadley. I'm cracking up. call me.
Oops. Wasn't supposed to post that.
Happy late b-day Lis:)
Post a Comment