All right, so the doc wasn't fully impressed now that Hadley can actually crawl (scoot, whatever)and wanted to know if she's "cruising" around. Nope. We just started crawling 2 months ago, this kiddo is no hurry buddy...duh! Ever read 'The Tortoise and the Hare'? Then Ryan offers up the info that she can't get up from a laying position either or fully pull herself up (she does
halfsies to the knees). HELLO, Ryan, don't you know you're always supposed to lie at the doctor's a
ppt. Just tell em' what you think they want to hear;). He must have never heard about my
ophthalmology appt. a few years back.
Anyhoo, the Doc wants
Hads to be seen by a Physical Therapist so she can learn some new moves...or more importantly, how TO move. Poor Hadley. Not sure when we'll start, but I'm kind of excited. I think it will be something like Little Gym, but our insurance will pay instead of us. We did find out that Hadley is a gal of perfect proportions, albeit, large proportions. She is 23lbs 14oz (85%), 30.5in. long (92%) and her head was 18in (90%). Quite a growth spurt, no wonder her pants are all too short and her hats are too tight.

Poor little wounded soldier. She took her 4 shots like a champ. And was swearing at the ladies who poked her, in Italian (at least that's what it sounds like to us), like
nobodies business.
10 comments:
oh for pete's sake - physical therapy?!! the gal is clearly just on her own time sched., be it with crawling, hair growth, talking, whatever! we love her just as she is, stupid doc.
i'm dying.. what's new? "albeit large proportions." that was my favorite... and her pants being too short and her hats too tight? those were great as well. this parent/keeping track/where does our kid line up/ stuff is hard. just so you know. in 4th grade I was the arm wrestling champ at Arrowhead elementary- for boys and girls and in P.E class- we'd often get grouped by size class "King", "Queen" and "Peewee." I was always a King and Ryan was a Peewee. Bet my parents had some thoughts about that.
and when i first looked at the bottom pic- it first looked like Hadley was wearing overalls w/out a shirt(but they are her band aids) and I was like- "oh no she didn't."..thank god!
glad Joc pointed out those were bandaids, I was wondering too and noticing some "early" cleavage going on (won't take after her mom or gmom)
I love the bandaid shot. Poor little munchkin. What a champ.
I hate shots. No fun! I heard she wouldn't go near the table after that and you had to dress her on the floor!
Little Miss Hadley - we all know you have been concentrating on your brain learning knowing full well that it will only take a snap of your fingers to work on the physical stuff. Go ahead - fool the doc - then flip him the bird at your first place in the toddler marathons at the Little Gym. And Meg - I'm with you - insurance paid Little Gym - not a bad gig!
oh please no PT needed! i can't wait till hads joins the "walkin at 18 months" club with me! i too was immediately intrigued by and concerned with cleavage!
She is absolutely PERFECT Meg! Besides my own kids I think she's about as perfect as they come. And if you want to bring her down to our house she'll be runnin in no time...AWAY from Ava! Love ya BF!
Funny post Megan. I too wondered what she was wearing in the last pic but then realized she had bandaids on. I love that you take a pic of her in that chair each time, wish I'd thought of it, though none of our pics would be smiley like that since we scream everytime we enter the docs office. I'm with you- free baby gym- who wouldn't take advantage of that!
Post a Comment