

...what I see in a day. Right now I'm on hour 9 of watching a 33week 12day old (so not even a full term baby) have open heart surgery. And tomorrow I will be concerned with when Hadley naps and if I go to the gym or not. Today I'm thankful for those simple things.
18 comments:
it's amazing what nursing makes you appreciate-and puts back into true perspective! you're one of the best nurses i know! be sure to take a breather after a day like this!
wow- that sure puts everything into perspective and freaks me out to see that picture since Ben is just 29.5 weeks so he'd be smaller than that! once again, i have NO IDEA how you can handle this stuff, but glad you can:) worrying about naps seems like nothing after that!
so I'm thinkin' the PT for Hads is not so much a priority now . . .
ps. - was that on your cell phone??? what about HIPA???
So amazing what medicine can DO for these babies. Hopefully he'll be OK. Hads was very very cute today and was not happy that madeline found her snack cup.
wow, good work Super Nurse! it is definitely amazing the kind of things you get to see in this job...
Amazing pics Meg! You're making me miss work right about now and you are SOOO right...being a nurse really puts life into perspective. Can you believe how far we've come in 7 years?!
Amazing, absolutely amazing. To think Meg, you used to be afraid of blood, needles, rollercoasters, and elevators, and now you take care of families through the hardest times of their lives.
Don't worry, we won't tell them you're still afraid of flying! :)
Okay, well good thing my girls were born at 33 1/2 wks and are 16 days old and are still in the hospital. I haven't seen your blog in a couple of weeks and the first thing I see when I click on it are these images. You're killing me! By the way, Love the bibs you sent over with Joc. Thank you.
since you have conquered your fears of needles, blood etc, does this mean that the fears of flying, clowns, phones and more can also be overcome???!!! And yeah for nurses! You people are amazing!
It has been lately, with more and more conversations with you about work- and what you deal with... that I am in absolute complete awe of you. To have the ability to be tough when it's needed most and to care for others, and then in the same breath to be very sensitive and in tune emotionally... are not things we all come by naturally. love you.
wow! megan...crazy!
PS. i'm glad i'll be seeing your face more often at the book club!
Blah, blah, blah. Come live with her for a day and see how wonderful you think she is! -Ryan
those are fightin' words Ry! We lurve our Megs and I personally would take her shopping at Target and let her buy all the polka dot stuff she wanted anytime.
watch out Mr. P. you are dealing with a fan club here...
Ry, do you know what a eunuch is?
No worries, Ry will definitely be murdered in his sleep.
I can't believe I haven't commented since this post. May have been traumatized. :) You have a very impressive set of skills Meg to be able to be a part of things like this everyday. I'll stay in awe on the sidelines. And Ry - you dug your own grave buddy. I'll just keep quiet since I have to see you everyday.
Post a Comment